If you found my blog because you’re trying to post every day thanks to BlogHer’s NaBloPoMo challenge, welcome. Like me, you may be shaking your head and thinking, What have I done?! A blog post every day? Impossible!
To start I thought I’d share a little bit about my interests and the things that tend to occupy my mind these days. After all, I’ll probably be writing about these things anyway, so consider this post a teaser of sorts.
What I’m currently interested in
This is not quite a bucket list, because those can be somewhat extreme–as in jumping-out-of-an-airplane scary. This list is not scary and consists of things that are actually attainable. They’re more like personal challenges. These are all things I want to learn or accomplish sometime in the not-so-distant future.
- Become fluent in at least one other language
- Learn how to use my DSLR camera
- Be published in a national magazine (#2 might even help)
- Learn how to create audio essays or podcasts (similar to what you’d hear on NPR. Possibly combine with photos. Again, refer to #2)
- Create an online digital magazine
- Find/buy a wedding venue, preferably an old barn and farmhouse combo (okay, so this is a bit of a pipe dream. Just sayin’)
- Plan a short-term volunteer trip where I can apply some of the above (i.e., my new language, photography skills, etc.)
What’s tends to be on my mind lately
- How to keep my 50-something body fit, active, and healthy
- Working my brain so it stays healthy (refer to the previous numbers 1 – 7)
- Enjoying the empty nest
- Role reversals: “raising” my mom with Alzheimers
- Communicating with my siblings and offering help from afar
- Developing new friendships and nurturing old ones
- What God is teaching me lately
Well, that should give you an idea of what’s close to my heart and what topics you’ll likely encounter here.
Thanks for stopping by, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you as well.
Note to self: Before you take on a 30-day blog writing challenge, be prepared with some content! Lesson learned. Leaving this up as it still describes my life at the moment.
Love your current interests list. Some of the things that are on your mind are or have been on mine, too. Alzheimer’s is such a terrible disease. My grandfather had it decades ago. I can’t even imagine being a caretaker for a loved one with it.